Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help please replacing 2 foot wire with 100ft one

Status
Not open for further replies.

trkrcby

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need help please

i have a remote control bulldozer that runs off a 6.0 volt batteryand came with a 2 foot power cord between the controler and the dozer. The cord has 8 wire colored wires and is 28 guage stranded. I went out and bought 100 feet of the same wire but now the dozer dose not get the power to move. I was wondering since i extended the wire to that lenght do i need to add a relay or something to get the power to the motors again any help with this would be greatly appreciated

i need help please

100 feet long wires have such a high resistance that the motors do not receive enough current to run.

Instead of making a complicated circuit with relays or transistors and adding a power supply at the bulldozer, then why don't you design a radio-control circuit for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back