Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need an up converter unit for 10GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneer_007

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Up converter for 10GHz

Before one year ago I became to develop Digital Audio Microwave Link. As result I have very high quality audio codec's and very bad microwave unit. I have not problems in the modulation of the stream, my IF signal is perfect. I’m using GMSK or PSK modulation according to the case. We have developed very good modulators in the following frequency ranges: 910 - 1450 MHz and 2380 - 2495 MHz. The adjustment of the frequency is by I2C bus. We are using Philips PLL circuits for the synthesizer; our baseband processor is XILINX PLD based, and Analog devices TX DAC.
The big problem for me is the microwave unit. I made tests with very simple up converter, it's revised LNB for home sat receiver, for down converter we used normal LNB for home Sat Receiver. The result from this test configuration is not enough for my project. The first problem is very unstable DRO oscillator, output frequency is changing according to the outside temperature. The second one is the output power, i think it is small than 3-4mW, because maximum working distance is 5-10 meters. I'm also disappointed that there is a lot of harmonics. I'm attaching one from the best views of the output signal. From the picture you can see what is the bandwidth of the signal.

I need up-converter unit for this purpose. The desired output power is >200mW. I need PLL stabilized UP and Down converters. The IF frequency is in the range 910 - 1450 MHz for the receiver and for the transmitter, the output power for the transmitter is +10dBm /it is adjustable/. Most important for me is the keeping of the bandwidth. Any power supply is OK

Can you help me?

pioneer 007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back