Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed up simulation HFSS

Tures_s

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, i need to simulate on HFSS a corrugated horn 75 cm long, inside of which there is a circular waveguide that terminates on a dielectric with a partly cylindrical and conical shape. The simulation is verì slow, only the onvergence requires around 6 hours (for only 3 passes). Therefore, I thought of simplifying the structure by reducing it to a quarter using symmetry boundary conditions, but I honestly don't know how to implement it concretely. Could someone please help me?

Welcome, Tures_s

I don't have access to HFSS anymore, though I suspect you can find tutorials on google.

The basic idea is you want to insert two rectangular surfaces (or, the edges of your simulation domain) which lie along the symmetry planes -- such as x and y-directed planes for a z-directed horn. Depending on what mode you are exciting (TE10?), you will probably want to assign one to a perfect-E type, and another to a perfect-H type.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: