Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a RF oscilator of 2 Mhz and 5 Vpp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironjaycuttler

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to build an rf oscillator

I need a RF oscilator of 2 Mhz and 5 Vpp of output voltage of course i need that want the output be sine of possible, of course i have much problem with oscillator that i have is the SN74LS14N, is anybody have Rf oscillator CI or diagram that can show me i really appreciate!!!!

74hcu04 filter

Follow your square wave generator with a band pass filter. This can be passive or active.

The nuhertz filter program at **broken link removed** has a 20 day trial for the complex program and there is a simple program for free.

Hi ironjaycuttler,

First you have to build the clock-source. You can use a crystal or an RC
to stabilize the frequency. Such an oscillator can easy be built with an
UNBUFFERED logic-gate (e.g. 74HCU04). Look at this datasheet, there is
an example of how to build such an oscillator:
**broken link removed**
If you need a sinusoidial output you have to filter the overtones of this
oscillator. This can be done with an LC-filter (parallel) in series with a
resistor at the output of a 2nd HCU14. The resonant-frequency of the
LC has to be 2MHz.

Bye

2MHz ? RF ?

I think that over 300MHz maybe called RF.

rf higher than audio

RF is higher than audio. In general, RF is where modulated carriers exist and technology uses lumped elements. Microwave uses distributed elements. It is interesting to note that 300 kHz to 3 MHz is officially called medium frequency. 50 years ago some power valves (US=tubes) would not operate above 10 MHz.

heh heh ... I receive VLF at 21.5Khz from some submarine communication transmitter in the US to check for solar flares....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back