Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i got warnings in synthesis...can i proceed further or need to change the design??

Status
Not open for further replies.

genboo547

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
warning:removing unused registers
like this i got 14 warnings
help needed.......

The compilation report will tell you, which registers have been removed, because there state is either constant or no design output depends on it directly or indirectly. Check if you have reason to expect a different behaviour of these signals.

It can be normal behaviour or indicate a serious design fault. Ultimately, a simulation will show you the design output and internal states with different input signals.

Warnings are just that: warnings - not errors. So in theory you could proceed.

That said, there's are reason they showed up, and in my experience it's better not to ignore warnings. Instead, figure out what they mean & how/why they occurred. Once you understand the reason for those warnings, you can decide between "needs fixing" or "safe to ignore".

You might wanna start with which unused registers were removed, and check how those are used in your design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back