Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am looking for a low cost CPLD which supports I2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

amith.srivatsa

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
amith srivatsa cpld

Hello guys,

I am looking for a low cost CPLD which supports I2C.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks...
Amit

low cost cpld

No CPLD has dedicated I2C hardware, I think. But any CPLD can implement I2C master or slave functionality (with sufficient logic elements). Also 5V tolerance is required unless you don't want to use external driver transistors or logic gates.

lattice i2c interface cpld

Hello FvM,
Thanks for the reply, Which CPLD would you recommend ?

(How many macro cells should my CPLD have in order to implement I2C. Also, I need to implement & algorithm into my CPLD....)

Good CPLD

I remember a FPGA I2C slave, that used between 50 and 100 logic elements, roughly similar to CPLD macro cells. It has been a synchronous design driven by a system clock, an asynchronous (bus clocked) interface possibly can have a somewhat lower resource count. I suggest to start with a vendor and tool chain that you have used before. Look out for other suppliers, if the known solution seems not to fit your requirements.

If you are new to the programmable logic field, I would suggest Lattice as the vendor with the most versatile CPLD choice and A.ltera as my favourite FPGA supplier.

Re: Good CPLD

I'm really only familiar with Xilinx's offerings but looking at Lattice's CPLD they've got some impressive devices! How good is their toolchain compared to Xilinx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back