Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am a neewbie and I need a SSR and a stepper-controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

do_rin_entertainment

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem: I am trying to build some pcb drawing facility which i can control via the lpt port of my computer. the problem is that the stepping motors work with 24 volt and the output after the SN74C374 is no more than 2.2 V (each SN recieves the 8 data-out pins and one of the 4 clock-out pin and makes a 32 instrad of 8 data bits output)

I really need some help so if someone has the knowledge I need or has some links... well then please help me. :?

I also need some controllers for the steppers: I do not know any code of them but I know what they should have as an output:

1st controller:

To be able to drive the engine in half- and full-step mode, counter- and clockwise, to be able to maintain the engine in current if there is no signal for stepping one more time.
I need it to have the following pin-ins:
pin_1 value: (it is a swich)
1: turn the stepper clockwise
0: turn the stepper counterclockwise
pin_2 value: (it is a swich)
1: half-step mode
0: full-step mode
pin_3 value: (it is a trigger)
1: turn the engine one step in the desired direction and the desired mode (if the trigger is hold down it shall turn the engine only once, not until it is released)
0: do nothing
pin_4 value: (it is a swich)
1: accept input commands from all the other pin-ins and if pin_3 is 0 the stepper shall recieve current in the position it is
2: accept inputs from pin_1 and pin_2 for selecting modes but not from pin_3 and shall not give the motor current (if the controller gives the stepper motor curent all the time, wheather pin_3 is 1 or 0 I can substitute this pin with a moc3041 which I connect to the ground wires of the stepper and if the gate is closed (if it recieves 1) then the gnd signal shall pass but if the signal is 0 the stepper shall be off-line)

here is a full-step graphic:
wire a1 GND it is 1 all the time
wire a2 1 0 0 0
wire a3 0 1 0 0
wire b1 0 0 1 0
wire b2 0 0 0 1
wire b3 GND it is 1 all the time

here is a half-step graphic:
wire a1 GND it is 1 all the time
wire a2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
wire a3 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0
wire b1 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0
wire b2 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
wire b3 GND it is 1 all the time

:idea: I have quite an idea for a version but it needs machine-code programming and I don't know. There shall be an double-linked circular tail that shall have the half-step gates values (8 values), an pointer to one of them and when the triger is 1 then it shall enabl output and go to the next/previous 1/2 level (depending on pin_1 and pin_2 inputs).

:idea: :idea: OR an other idea: a controller that has only 3 pin-ins but keeps the engine in current all the time, on the position the pointer is; the pin-ins are:
the direction selector: (it shall be held down - 1 - for cw and released - 0 - for ccw)
the half-step trigger: 1 for acting and 0 for standing-by (it shall wayt for the trigger to be released and pressed again for moving the motor an other step)
the full-step trigger: 1 for acting and 0 for standing-by (it shall wayt for the trigger to be released and pressed again for moving the motor an other step)

an other controller I need is for the floppy-disk head-positioning stepper. this one needs the input as following:

full-step
|\/\/\/| |\/\/\/|
| | | |
phase 1 + -
phase 2 + -
phase 3 - +
phase 4 - +

half-step
|\/\/\/| |\/\/\/|
| | | |
phase 1 + -
phase 2 + - + -
phase 3 + -
phase 4 - + + -
phase 5 - +
phase 6 - + - +
phase 7 - +
phase 8 + - - +

this one is more complicated... i don't even have an idea on how to start.... hope anyone there knows...

:D hanks for reading this and please help me

I just saw small driver on Ebay. Check this out maybe it will work for you
**broken link removed**

Re: ULN2003

about that unl2003... I downloaded the entire server when I saw what they are talking about but I don't know where to give it the signal (it is there a little drawing but don't know how shall I put the pins). I downloaded the datasheet of that unl but nope....... don't know it..... I thought of an other version: some digital swich that has two entrances and 8 outgoings, the 8 outs beeing tied to the 8 half-steps of an stepper (through an optical relay, moc3041 from motorola) and besides these it shall have an ready state, too (if not, then I will wait a certain time before commanding it to swich a half-step (a sequence of it) higher or lower....).

I have one more question and I need an answer if possible: the lpt port outputs 8 data pins (pin2 to pin9), 4 output clocks (pin 1, 14, 16, 17, 3 inverted) and about 5 entrance clocks (pin10, pin11, pin12, pin13, pin15, 1 inverted). In combination with the data pins the output and incomming clocks give me: 32 output pins (4 clocks * 8 data, tested, all ok, signals are ok, see www.discolitez.com) 40 incomming pins (that is 5 incomming clocks*8 data bits). I need now only an oscilator (clock generator, quartz or smth if i am not wrong. but how shall I change the data pins to incomming and outgoing? which is the frequency of the lpt clock? so that I can try to syncronise???)

I remember that I saw a 40khz clock generator within a circuit that was using all 8 data pins and 1 output clock and 1 input clock... it had some digital swich with 2 states, only 1 entrance in which entered the signal from clock generator and this one swiched the signal between the entrance and exit.... don't remember... please help....

about that project of mine I am trying to accomplish is attached some graphic file: circuit.wmf, 64kb

Status
Not open for further replies.