Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hyperterminal for connecting microcontroller with PIC via MAX-232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Since I want to connect my microcontroller with Max-232 to PC, do i need to use hyperterminal from the microsoft package in order to communicate each other?

Maverick Max

how to use hyperterminal rs232

yes you can use hyperterminal to send/recieve data from the microcontroller. this is a simple arrangement of the schematic.

DB9 connector on computer ----- MAX 232 ---- MCU
TD (Pin3) ---> TIN TOUT---->RX(MCU)
RD(Pin2) <--- ROUT RIN <---- TX(MCU)
Pin5 ---- GND

On hyperterminal, open a new connection through COM PORT, set baud rate/data bits etc. and then you are all set !

hyperterminal source

Using the hyperterminal that comes with windows is one option, but it's not an obligation. You can use any kind of rs232 communication that interfaces through your com port.

using hyperterminal with rs232

Looks great, but all the download links are broken.
I found another source here (termv19b.zip):
**broken link removed**

termv19b

Yes.. That is really cool one,
Macroes, One time send buttons and Hex options really usefull.

The link can be found here
**broken link removed**
direct link
**broken link removed**

Cheers

max232 hyperterminal

this PDF

www.beyondlogic.org/serial/serial.pdf

u can find all what you need aboat Serial communication and also C program you can run it communicate with serial port and you can find also how to connect MCU with D9 connector

best hyperterminal program

Hello

I have been trying to send the data to my PC via RS232 with hyperterminal and it works well. But everytime I press a key on my keyboard for a microcontroller to capture the character and print the next character to my PC, nothing happened and i don't know why....

Please advise me asap

Maverick Max

hyperterminal max232

HI is ther is any OS running on the microcontroller, i think you need a os with serial terminal support to use Hyperterminal.

using hyperterminal rs232

Check if the flow control is set to None.

hyperterminal best

You can try this code. The hyperterminal is alredy configured

hxxp://www.microchipc.com/sourcecode/PIC_Hi-Tech_C_PIC16F87x_serial_comms_and_VB6_sample.zip

best hyper terminal

hi
i think it is not necessary simply select the com use rs 232 ans select the flow
regards
haider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back