Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hspice warning: Pd =0 is less than W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhdl00

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
warning: pd = 0 is less than w.

it is said that hspice will calculate the junction capcitance automatically with w, L only. for the warning, seems it won't calculate the Cj correctly assuming Pd=0?
or my hspice is outdated?

thanks

ad as default hspice

the Pd is depend the layout u draw. Pd will always greater than W. so hspice will generate a warning message if Pd < W

hspice pd

thanks chunlee, you mean it is normal to get the warning like this? i was trying to extract a hspice netlist from cadence tool, it did have ps pd value. Compare the capacitance, there are some differences. I just thought the hspice should generate some pd value, which should depend on the mosfet size(w,L).---it is just the drain perimeter.
thanks again

any comments?

pd is less than w.

hspice has default value for pd ps ad as. if i don't forgot, the default value is 0. I don't use cadence before. so i don't know cadence will generate pd and ps automatically or not. But again, pd ps ad as is depend the layout u draw.

But u can use following formula to estimate the value of pd ps ad as. formula was given by somebody in this forum.

AD = AS = 2.5*Lmin*W
PD = PS = 5*Lmin + W or 5*Lmin

ps is less than w

require the foundry for the PDK. then the software will generate the PD PS and so on, Or you have to caculate by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.