Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to wire an EMR (electromechanical relay) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dineshdeshmuk

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to wire an EMR (electromechanical relay) ?

despite the fact that SSR last longer than an EMR , then , why not we use only SSR ?

thanks

Electromechanical relays are better for low-level signals. Other than that, I can't think of a reason to use them. Maybe they are less expensive in some applications?

I'm not sure what you mean about 'how to wire' them.

by means of wiring ....... i mean to say that, how we use a 14 pin EMR for our controlling purposes ?

what is coil ? what is coil voltage ? How & when to use NO contact & NC contacts ?

thanks

i'm asking the wiring of an EMR in an electrical panel (panel of a machine) ........ not about auto-mobile (vehicles) ........

Apparently you want to wire a specific relay, right?. Maybe you should tell us the part number or give us some other kind of clue. It's not really clear what you are asking for.

check this attached file then ....... for relay to be wired

Attachments

• C4-A4x.pdf
    125.2 KB · Views: 115

This is a 4 pole changeover relay.
4 common terminal and a pair of NO and NC contacts for each common.
It can switch 4 devices or less at a time.
Pin 13 and 14 are the relay coil terminals. The resistance of the coil winding is shown in the table.
When the relay is not energised Pin 3,6,9 and 12 are connected to pins 1,4,7 and 10 respectively.
When the relay is energised (trips) Pin 3,6,9 and 12 are connected to pins 2,5,8 and 11 respectively.
Does it clarify what you are looking for.

if we want to connect all the four devices then on which pins do we connect the wires & where to connect on the device ?

The supply to the four devices will be connected to the respective common terminals of the relay i.e. Pin 3,6,9 and 12.
Say supply of device 1 is to pin 3, supply of the second device is to pin 6 and so on.
The device itself (input of the device) is connected to the pins 2,5,8 and 11 respectively.
When the relay is energised and trips, the respective supplies will be connected to the corresponding devices.
Hope this helps and serves the purpose !

Your switching or triggering circuit (low power circuit) should be connected to pin 13 and 14 only. And the device/s you want to control (high powered) will be connected to one of the four channels.
Ex: Source1 to power Device1.
Source1 is connected to pin3 and Device1 to pin2 leave pin1 floating.
Make sure other end of your Device1 will form only one 1 loop with Source1 through pin3 and pin2 of EMR in going to Source1.
For 2nd~4th channel you can follow above example.

Hope this one gives you cleared example.

The supply to the four devices will be connected to the respective common terminals of the relay i.e. Pin 3,6,9 and 12.
Say supply of device 1 is to pin 3, supply of the second device is to pin 6 and so on.
The device itself (input of the device) is connected to the pins 2,5,8 and 11 respectively.
When the relay is energised and trips, the respective supplies will be connected to the corresponding devices.
Hope this helps and serves the purpose !

generally, NC & NO contacts are used to either provide the supply for energizing the device or for cutting off the supply for de-energizing the device ? Is this like that ........

When the relay is energised, the common gets connected to NO. Thus the supply at common gets connected to NO and if this is connected to a device, the supply goes to that device.
Raoof

Status
Not open for further replies.