Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use P&R data - newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xworld2008

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to use P&R data?

I am a newbie,I don't know afer layout what file foundry will give to me,and how to use it in ncsim and ambit and the file have what data. or JUST SDF file?

You need the Design Kit(std cell lib) provided from foundry at least.
There are 2 ways to tapeout:
1. ASIC design-in, you release the synthesized netlist to foundry, they do the P&R / Clocktree Insertion / Extraction / Fix / Check jobs and return the sdf and new netlist file to you for timing and func check.
2. GDS tapeout, you do all the backend jobs and release GDSII file to the foundry, no return from foundry except wafers.

Thank you!Now i know just use SDF file
and netlist file to simulate ,if not meet
my need,change what file i have
writen.

Hi, xworld2008
you can change your synthesis environment or your synthesis constraints so that more efficiently conform to the real world . Or change your design code or your design architecture. nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back