Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use LDRs as sensors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wish to start working on sensors.
Presently i have 2 LDRs. please help me to learn on how to use them as sensors.
i would like to learn where they can be used, how they can be used, its resolution and accuracy.
thanks

Added after 1 minutes:

Also suggest some book to learn sensors.

ldr sensor project

**broken link removed**:idea:

project using ldr

to nandhu
I already tried that.
I had tried a LDR based sensor based project on Atmega 8, but i failed to control the LDR. I failed to use google to find tutorials that will help me trouble shoot. thats i want to learn from scracth abt using LDR.

to ajkristal
thanks

sensors

you have to take note the properties of this component, LDRs as the name implies its resistance varies as the light strikes it... I already made several projects using LDR but all of that have the same functionality, when the light strikes the LDR which was used as the light sensor my transistor will operate in either saturation or cut-off which will depend on my circuit design and then it will turn on or off my motor, you may also use it as an input to a microcontroller which you may use an assembly language to input your desired code that will give your ON/OFF states much meaningful..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back