Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use FPGA to display signal from GPS module

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayo213

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have this project, to use an fpga to display signal from an gps module. those anyone knows how to go about it ?
i will appreciate some help

Re: FPGA help!!

can you describe your problem in details?

How do you test your signals from the FPGA?

FPGA help!!

i have not started the project at all. still researching on the project.

FPGA help!!

well,Can you describe the main porpose of your project. For example, the display device, the mode of GPS module and so on

write down the requirements first categorize into
Hardware
SW

ayo213 said:
i have this project, to use an fpga to display signal from an gps module. those anyone knows how to go about it ?
i will appreciate some help

Hi,

You will get the data from the gps module in NMEA format through a UART of the module. There are different strings of data in this format. you can use any of these strings as per your requirements. you will have to write the code for the GPS data parser. Then you can display this data either on your pc or on a LCD display.

1. Design a UART with the same baud rate of the gps module that will receive the GPS data.
2. Design the GPS data parser that will extract the required information from the GPS data.
3. you will require another UART to display the data on PC Hyper Terminal.

Cheers:)

FPGA help!!

am only to display the gps data through the fpga 7 segment display unit. what software do i use to program the FPGA, and how do i go about it?

can you describe your problem in details?

Can you please state clearly of your project title.
wat is the application of your project.
wat is the problem you face in this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back