Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use EVDO module in Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanmahmood

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am looking into some M2M (machine to machine) communication options and came across EVDO. I am in Pakistan and was wondering how I could use an EVDO module for this purpose. What I mean is that while using the GSM module, I would just plug in a SIM and start the communication. How can this be accomplished with EVDO?

Do I need some module like SIM or a card or do I need to provide the service provider (PTCL) details of the modules used in the communication.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Salman

I don't think EVDO works in Pakistan (most of the world is on GSM). But I'm just guessing.
If it is GSM, then your choice at best is EDGE (don't know if that is implemented in Pakistan) or
GPRS.
Usually M2M is low bitrate, so GPRS should meet your needs.

Hi,

In another context, what would I need to drive an EVDO module (not considering Pakistan) that has to be used for M2M communication? I came across RUIM and data cards but couldnt find much else.

What I need to know is that if I am using a communication module that supports EVDO, what would I need to use in order to get connected to a network? (Like a SIM is used with a GSM module)

Thanks in advance.

I don't know, sorry! I'm not from the US (or other places that support EV-DO)
and I've never had to learn it.
(If you're not in an EV-DO supported country, it will never work).

Status
Not open for further replies.