Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to swap pins in two different gates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcb87

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I want to know how the pins of a component are swapping.
It is a BGA component so made as heterogeneous part in the schematic.
Pins which are to be swapped are put in the same pin group,but while trying to swap the pins..
Its showing a message --> " Pins must be on the same gate in order to swap them ..."
So how pins in two different gates are swapped ...??

Can any one put a solution for this.Its very urgent.....

Thanks in advance.

Re: Pin Swapping

It must be urgent for you but for the rest of us
is meaningless.

Unless you state in your question which tool you are using!!!

M

Re: Pin Swapping

He is using Allegro and it must be urgent, because it's been posted on at least 2 other boards - in order to swap gates in Allegro the schematic must be setup properly, I don't believe it can be done in the PCB tool itself - reading the Orcad documentation should shed some light on this - but I have a feeling you'll not be happy, if you want to gate swap you must be dealing with identical devices in the chips, IE: 4 2 input nand gates or 6 ic's all containing 4 2 input nand gates, I don't know of any BGA device that would fit this scenario.

Hope I helped.

SiGiNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back