Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to study PCB EMC distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Farouk

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to design a power supply with single chip DC_DC buck converter with integrated inductor. The radiated EMC from the chip affects the stability of the design. I need your guide to some tool which enable me to study the EMC distribution to study the stability before going to PCB fabrication.

I do SMPS layout for very exacting situations, there is a multitude of info on SMPS design from the likes of Texas (who now own National Semi) and Linear Technology, read it and everything else you can about SMPS layout. Also refer to the data sheet and evaluation design for the controller you are using. Follow the design notes and you cant go to far wrong.
The EMC is from the switching nodes and due to the high dI/dt switching, there are generally two main current loops to be aware of.Also join here:
http://www.compliance-club.com/
and look for a series of articles by Keith Armstrong on noiseand EMC in high current switching designs. Layout is critical in these sort of designs, I often go to places to correct bad layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back