Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to store data in SRAM ARRAY using address decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga Karthik

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to store the data in SRAM ARRAY using the address decoder...?

i have designed an SRAM array using address decoder but am unable to store the data in sram cell using address decoder

can any one of you explain how the data will store in sram cell using address decoder

An address decoder may select where something is being stored but it can't store it by itself. You will have to show us your schematic before we can advise on the actual storing process.

Brian.

sorry i cannot attach the schematic it is confidential...

i want to store the data in SRAM array through address decoder...i have connected the outputs of the address decoder to the word lines.. so if want to activate one word line i have to give one address to the decoder.

if i want to go to another word line i have to give other address but here in previous word line i hve given some data but that data is not storing if i check again...

any address buffers should be added to store the data...?

please help me

- - - Updated - - -

I have attached a block diagram please refer to it

Attachments

• 4X4.png
    4X4.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 93

It isn't a normal SRAM configuration. I'm not sure what process is supposed to write data to the SRAM as it doesn't specify any particular 'write' signal and I'm not sure what the "Hit' signal is supposed to do. In a normal SRAM you would extend the address decoder you have so it also provided a signal to the columns (perhaps this is what your 'SL' signals are) so you could select an individual cell and if your data is more than a single bit wide, you would replicate this for each additional bit. I suppose I have to ask, what is the expected specification for this SRAM, is it really a 4-bit by 4 address memory?

Brian.

I am using 4x4 array 6T SRAM and am using 2 to 4 address decoder.... don't consider the hit signal it is just to show the match output..selecting an individual signal by address decoder is ok but if we attach the address decoder to the word lines how the data stores in the sram.. am unable to store the data in sram..if the address decoder is not connected the data is storing the sram's but if i attach address decoder i cannot store it..

- - - Updated - - -

any address buffers should be added to the address decoders..?

Status
Not open for further replies.