Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to start digital design in AD converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyh

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am an analog designer and have some background in digital design. But I have no idea how to design the digital part in the AD(delta_sigma) converter. Can somebody give me some advice?
Thanks,
YYH

decide when each block must be turned on and design a timing diagram and then design the circuit for it.... for this you would have to fix your clock frequency first...

Maybe you should start to design your digital part first as a behavior model. Then you should translate your floating point format into fixed-point format. After that, you should divide your behavior model into sub-modules with proper spec and timing information, then you can coding your sub-module based on the spec and timing from previous step. Before doing this, make sure you have simulated the sub-block modules behavior model based on the individual spec and timing you defined.

Hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back