Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate I/Q phase mismatch in divider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eejli

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
divider simulate phase

say I have a divide by 2 divider and from transient simulation, I want to know whether there is 90 degree phase shift between the output I and Q signal. How to simulate it in cadence or ADS. Thank you very much.

i/q mismatch of divider

you can get the results simply by browse the transient signal of it.

I know but I need a accurate number like 1 degree's mismatch.

Yes, indeed the zero crossing is missing some accuracy. I think spectre could be forced to set a time step exact at the zero crossing of I and Q signal. But there is another method.

Take the FFT or in the case of cadence calculator DFT of the I and the Q signal. The calculate the difference of the argument of the complex number result of the fundamental tone. That represent nearly the phase mismatch effect found in the I/Q signals.

Be aware that if the target is a mixer apllication the amplitude sensitivity is less than the phase sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back