Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate a design in s-edit of Tanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nee09

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help me , tell me how to simulate a design in s-edit.....if possible step by step procedure .....please......

TANNER EDA

There should be some tutorials. If you didn't install them I think you can still install them from one of the menu options. There is also a pdf for the tutorials which takes you through the basic functions step by step.

Keith

nee09

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
TANNER EDA

hi i am trying to simulate invertor in s-edit of tanner......but while simulation, error occur which says NMOS model not defined .. how to fix it.??

Reactions: rrdmp

rrdmp

Re: TANNER EDA

I've only ever user Tanner demos so have to do this from memory. The error is almost certainly due to not defining the library. When you set up the Spice simulation in S-edit there is a point where you can specify the library location. After browsing for the correct library file you will also need to add ' tt' or ' tm' at the end (for typical models) depending on how the libraries are named.

Keith

Added after 1 hours 31 minutes:

This is where you set up the library path.

Keith.

nee09

Hi

Please dont use tanner. This is one EDA tool which has almost zero support in the Internet. Not many people are using this EDA. If it is not too late pls switch over to someother EDA
I have wasted my precious time and energy with this tool

TANNER EDA

Well, if you bought Tanner then you should be able to get support from Tanner themselves. Also, it is supported by quite a few foundries. I don't use it (at the moment) although I know a few companies who do.

If you don't use Tanner and cannot afford Cadence, what tools would you suggest which have foundry support?

Keith.

venturer84 said:
If your designs are not hugely digital, Analog Office is worth looking into.

http://web.awrcorp.com/Usa/Products...han Tanner, but do you know the cost? Keith.

hi keith............in one of your msg, you said to add library and end it with TT or TM........i did so....still its not working ...........and even, i did install tutorial too still ..........

TANNER EDA

Ok. I need to do this from memory at the moment until I get to my computer.

If you open the library file you pointed at, it may contain lots of references to paths containing '$T_DIR' I think it is. If so, you have two choices, set a Windows environment variable $T_DIR to the absolute path of the file or simply edit the file to replace the $T_DIR to be the correct path.

I hope that helps. If not, it may be useful to see you library files (you could use private mail).

I am sure it is something to do with the paths. If the tutorial works it might be worth looking at how the library paths are constructed, although they may have cheated and made it deliberately simple.

Keith

nee09

Back at my computer so I can be more specific.

A typical line in the .lib file is

.inc '$T_DIR/hspiceS/xc10/bsim3v3/tm/ne.mod'

which I change to:

.inc 'C:/Tanner/xc10/models/hspiceS/xc10/xc10/bsim3v3/tm/ne.mod'

Also, the start of each section of file has

.lib tm or .lib wp

so when calling the library you need to add 'space' tm or wp after the library call.

Somethimes it mkight be tt instead of tm. Also, it can often be case sensitive, so if it is TT you might need to use capitals.

Keith.

nee09

hi i don't have .lib file in library folder...........
it contains only .edif , .tanner, .xml , .old.xml , library.list
what to do now?
i'm using tanner v13.0

To Keith,

cost for Tanner are about 16 k euro for schematic entry & spice and abou 24 k euro for layout edit, extract, DRC.

still problems with libs?
you can also set a windows enviroment variable pointing to the lib-directorie.

J.R.

DrJR said:
To Keith,

cost for Tanner are about 16 k euro for schematic entry & spice and abou 24 k euro for layout edit, extract, DRC.

still problems with libs?
you can also set a windows enviroment variable pointing to the lib-directorie.

J.R.

Yes, I know Tanner costs, it was Analog Office I was curious about.

The library handling is a bit clumsy. I don't know why they use an environment variable to set the library path. It is not convenient when you want to use several different technologies.

Keith.

TANNER EDA

Tanner has released new version V15 so go through video for same in below link

**broken link removed**

plz tell me the solution to the above problem.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

Help me , tell me how to simulate a design in s-edit and l edit .....if possible step by step procedure .....please......

hay......
i too am using tanner (v13), but i never got that problem.....
just befour starting the design, we have to specify the lib path to "all.tanner".......
and set the technology lib file (ex:"Generic_025.lib").....
and then design......
and launch simulation (T-Spice).......
for simulation in t-spice we specify the lib file path (ex:"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Tanner EDA\Tanner Tools v13.1\Libraries\Models\Generic_025.lib") followed by "TT".....
thats all.... its working for me.....

let me know if i am wrong......

hay at present i am working with 250nm technology (Generic_025.lib).... but i need 180nm technology design do any one know where can i get it....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back