Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to shorten a signal (in terms of time)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroabdo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a signal with time from 0 until 275. How can i only take the first 260 of it? like from 0 to 260 and ignoring the other parts.

thanks in advance

Re: shortening of signal

What is the nature of the signal?
The solution to your problem depends on the size of the time units and at what voltage/current they are presented as. For example, is each time unit one day or 1uS and is it a logic level signal or something else?

Brian.

What is the nature of the signal?
The solution to your problem depends on the size of the time units and at what voltage/current they are presented as. For example, is each time unit one day or 1uS and is it a logic level signal or something else?

Brian.

Ok, i written in matlab these lines:

oneperiod=[zeros(1,20) ones(1,20)];
sixperiod=repmat(oneperiod,[1 6]);
stim=[sixperiod,zeros(1,20)]

so now we have 260 samples.. and i convolved this "stim" function with a continuous signal which has different values, this signal has 16 values (from 0 to 16) so the result is 260+16-1=275 by the convolution rule. The results of course is another continuous signal ( and not signal with 1s and 0s) the time unit is in 's'. Anyway in matlab function i have a matrix of 1x275 dimensions.

Last edited:

Should I post this in another forum? or?

260 points convoluted with 16 points kernel get the 260+16-1=275 point result. what's your reason to discard other points for keeping the same size of input?

260 points convoluted with 16 points kernel get the 260+16-1=275 point result. what's your reason to discard other points for keeping the same size of input?

because i need to correlate this signal with another one of 260 points. The dimensions must agree.

Last edited:

correlation is some like convolution, is there requirement that the two sequence in convolution must be equal size?

correlation is some like convolution, is there requirement that the two sequence in convolution must be equal size?

for convolution it's not necessary to have parameters of equal sizes but for correlation it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back