Toziano

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to set trace length in Allegro PCB Editor 16.5

Hello everybody,
the thing is quite simple; I must draw some traces with the same exact (+ tollerance) length. I tried to defined it in the constraint manager without good results. I'm using the Allegro PCB editor (Cadence) 16.5.
Can someone help me?

Last edited:

Hi,

Go to Constraint manager --> electrical constraints Then you can select min/max propagation delay and total etch length.
Play with DRC and enjoy!

Thank you for your reply,
unluckily in my constraint manager there aren't any worksheets with the propagation delay; I think this is because my version of allegro is not for high speed design. I'll post you some screenshots of my constraint manager's worksheets. There is a section in the electrical constraints where i can set the "total etch length" of the selected nets, but it doesn't seems to work. Maybe it's my fault but i really need it to be fine,
Thanks for your support :wink:

hi,

Find the attached snaps for detailed description about total etch length. Select a NET define a minimum and maximum ETCH LENGTH (as I did with FGL1 net) and save the settings. Unroute the track and reroute it again. You will see a box at the left bottom of screen expalining that you are in limits of etch length. I have Allegro V16.3 and before posting this i have tested this. Hope that you got an idea.

Attachments

• Constraint Manager.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Length Matched.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 148

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…