Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set trace length in Allegro PCB Editore 16.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toziano

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to set trace length in Allegro PCB Editor 16.5

Hello everybody,
the thing is quite simple; I must draw some traces with the same exact (+ tollerance) length. I tried to defined it in the constraint manager without good results. I'm using the Allegro PCB editor (Cadence) 16.5.
Can someone help me? :cry:

Last edited:

Hi,

Go to Constraint manager --> electrical constraints Then you can select min/max propagation delay and total etch length.
Play with DRC and enjoy!

Thank you for your reply,
unluckily in my constraint manager there aren't any worksheets with the propagation delay; I think this is because my version of allegro is not for high speed design. I'll post you some screenshots of my constraint manager's worksheets. There is a section in the electrical constraints where i can set the "total etch length" of the selected nets, but it doesn't seems to work. Maybe it's my fault but i really need it to be fine,
Thanks for your support :wink:
Screen_1.JPGScreen_2.JPG

hi,

Find the attached snaps for detailed description about total etch length. Select a NET define a minimum and maximum ETCH LENGTH (as I did with FGL1 net) and save the settings. Unroute the track and reroute it again. You will see a box at the left bottom of screen expalining that you are in limits of etch length. I have Allegro V16.3 and before posting this i have tested this. Hope that you got an idea.

Attachments

• Constraint Manager.jpg
    Constraint Manager.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Length Matched.jpg
    Length Matched.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 147

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor