Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to separate two similar AC signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossein_samani

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i want to separate two AC signal that one is sitting on the other....imagine that both signals have almost the same frequency..for example a noise is sitting on my high frequency main signal.and in another position both signal are in the same line and are main and will be separately use.
tanx very much

hossein

Re: separate two signals

hi

you can use resonant circuit to saprate two different signals.

I have a few ideas if you could clarify what you already know about your two signals...

If one of your signals is a constant sinusoid and the signals are mixed by multiplicatoin you could use the demodulator circuit for a Double-Side-Band (DSB) communication system.

if your signal is

m(t)cos(ωt)

then you could us a multiplier circuit with a phase locked loop generating the cos(ωt) signal, this would give a signal of:

m(t)cos²(ωt)

trig identities tell us this is equivalent to:

m(t)×½(1+cos(2ω)) = ½m(t) + ½cos(2ω)

then a simple low pass filter with the bandwidth of your message signal will leave you with only the term:

½m(t)

In order to pick a fitting circuit I'd like to know a little more about your two signals... Is one or are both sinusoids? Do their bandwidths overlap? Is it some sort of modulated signal with a message and a carrier?

separate two signals

depends on...
what frequency? microwave? HF? audio?
what is the amplitude of signal millivolt? volt?
what shape? purely sinusoidal? rectangular?

separate two signals

depends on type and different parameters of signal parameters?

Hi Friend,

Use a Band Pass Filter. But be carefull in selecting the values of the capacitors and resistors which decide the frequency.

Regards,
Avinash.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.