Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to send a binary text file from pc to fpga board using matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charita vyshnavi N

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what are the different protocols used for sending binary file from pc to fpga?.......
explain the procedure for sending binary file...........
please send me the answer..

what is doze state and doze instruction. its importance in UART?

what is doze state and doze instruction. its importance in UART?

"doze" - (v) to sleep lightly, (n) a short light sleep

I don't think that is what you meant. Maybe you should try and ask an understandable question, or point out where you found doze used in some other context.

Doze mode can be found with microprocessors, e.g. PIC24. I don't believe that the question is related to the topic of this thread.

Doze mode can be found with microprocessors, e.g. PIC24. I don't believe that the question is related to the topic of this thread.
I see, now that I added processor doze mode I found stuff about processor sleep modes. I think the OP should have opened this topic in the microprocessor section of the forum. It's not really a programmable logic question with their latest post.

1) what is doze mode in uart?
2) how to start sending binary text file to fpga?

1) what is doze mode in uart?

Doze mode is a simple and effective alternative method to reduce power consumption while the device is still executing code. In this mode, the system clock continues to operate from the same source and at the same speed. Peripheral modules continue to be clocked at the same speed while the CPU clock speed is reduced.Synchronization between the two clock domains is maintained, allowing the peripherals to access the SFRs while the CPU executes code at a slower rate.

Your question isn't clear,need more specifics.

2) how to start sending binary text file to fpga?
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Spartan...d-a-txt-file-from-computer-to-fpga/td-p/26668

^ this link doesn't exactly answer your question.But why from matlab ? Can't you send it separately ?

Last edited:

As already mentioned, doze mode discussion is off-topic here. Any related questions should be posted and answered in the microcontroller forum.

As already mentioned, doze mode discussion is off-topic here. Any related questions should be posted and answered in the microcontroller forum.
@FvM
Who has the power to move a thread ? Mods or admin ? Can you do it ?

I'll move a thread if necessary. In this case, I only wanted to remind the thread topic. Moving any off-topic side remark to a new thread would be a full-time job.

charita vyshnavi N, if you have further questions about unrelated problems, please ask in a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back