Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to select ferrite Bead in your Design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuBEE

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ferrite bead selection

Hi all,

I would like to know about your TIP or Technic in ferrite bead selection

Thank you

how to select ferrite bead

Trial and error. Ferrite beads start to word at the frequencies above 1MHz. Find a family of beads that have the same package (like MMZ series tha comed in 0603 and 0805), add the pads to your board and see what works for you.

Reactions: babak86

BuBEE

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

babak86

ferrite bead selection guide

I guess the best way to decide that will be using Signal Integrity tool or digital simulation tools.

You can change the value of ferrite bead by giving desired input.

BuBEE

how to select a ferrite bead

Beads are selected dependent on purpose in design, working or suppress frequency , needed inductance and max through current . Yet , geometric sizes does matter as well (sometimes).

BuBEE

how to find the unknown value of a ferrite bead

i went trough this b4, so thrust me on this..get a spectrum analyzer and find the frequency range of ur noise profile..then only select the ferrites..and like artem said, selection are based on design, supression and max thru current..in some hi speed applications material selection is is crucial..

BuBEE

Re: ferrite bead selection

Look-up the impedance curve on datasheet and then use the bead with highest impedance value for the frequency band you want to suppress the noise.
Also check the DC resistance. only critical for high current line.

To chose the proper bead, you should consider the following:
1. What is the range of unwanted frequencies?
2. What is the source of the EMI?
3. How much attenuation is required?
4. What are the environmental and electrical conditions for the circuit (temperature DC voltage, DC bias currents, maximum operating currents, field strengths, etc...)?
5. What is the maximum allowable profile and board real estate for using this component?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back