Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to save and load Virtuoso Bindkeys settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ald356

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help...
Layout Editor: Virtuoso
Im assigning my own keyboard shortcut in the "Key or Mouse binding" window.
(CIW >>>> Option--> Bindkey)
But how can I save this and load it if I want to use the same key in every session in the future?
Thanks in advance

virtuoso shortcuts

hi

You can write a BindKey program in text editor or vi editor and load it in CIW whenever you start the session. I'm just attaching a small example of the Bindkey program:

hiSetBindKeys( "Layout" list(
; Key [;alternate encodings used for same key]
list("<Key>0" "leHiMoveOrigin")
list("<Key>1" "geSaveWinView()")
list("<Key>2" "geRestoreWinView()")
list("<Key>5" "leHiFlatten()")
list("Ctrl<Key>r" "hiRedraw()")
list("Ctrl<Key>s" "leHiSplit()")
list("Ctrl<Key>w" "leCloseWindow()")
list("Shift<Key>o" "leHiRotate()")
list("Shift<Key>p" "leHiCreatePolygon()")
list("Shift<Key>q" "leEditDesignProperties()")
))
This way you can create your own bindkeys for the layout editor.

Paramjyothi

virtuoso bindkeys

Hi,
If u add ur bindkeys in ur .cdsinit file then no need of loading ur bindkeys again and again.

virtuoso layout bindkey

Paramjyothi said:
hi

You can write a BindKey program in text editor or vi editor and load it in CIW whenever you start the session. I'm just attaching a small example of the Bindkey program:

hiSetBindKeys( "Layout" list(
; Key [;alternate encodings used for same key]
list("<Key>0" "leHiMoveOrigin")
list("<Key>1" "geSaveWinView()")
list("<Key>2" "geRestoreWinView()")
list("<Key>5" "leHiFlatten()")
list("Ctrl<Key>r" "hiRedraw()")
list("Ctrl<Key>s" "leHiSplit()")
list("Ctrl<Key>w" "leCloseWindow()")
list("Shift<Key>o" "leHiRotate()")
list("Shift<Key>p" "leHiCreatePolygon()")
list("Shift<Key>q" "leEditDesignProperties()")
))
This way you can create your own bindkeys for the layout editor.

Paramjyothi

how can load it in CIW? what is the command line?

Added after 59 seconds:

amitabh262002 said:
Hi,
If u add ur bindkeys in ur .cdsinit file then no need of loading ur bindkeys again and again.
I cannot find the .cdsinit file.. Where it is located? I think my shortcut was not added..How to save the bind keys?

cadence virtuoso bindkeys

.cdsinit is always in ur /home location only.

ald356

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
virtuoso layout bindkeys

Hi,

Write this program in a Notepad or Unix vi Editor and save it say as Bindkeys.il and then in the CIW command prompt type: load "Bindkeys.il" and say enter. That's enough and try these keys.

.cdsinit file is created when you invoke your cadence layout editor (icfb &). This file consists of the setting of your layout editor. You can edit this file in Unix by saying: vi .cdsinit and then edit it.

To do this you need to have min knowledge of unix. If you know it then please follow the above method to load Bindkeys. I have just given some example list you can add anything and anyway you like.

Paramjyothi

Reactions: egx

ald356

egx

bindkey virtuoso

Paramjyothi said:
Hi,

.cdsinit file is created when you invoke your cadence layout editor (icfb &). This file consists of the setting of your layout editor. You can edit this file in Unix by saying: vi .cdsinit and then edit it.

Paramjyothi

I will search for this file.. I think its cds.lib in our manner..
Thank you Paramjyothi and amitabh262002

cadence layout bindkey

That is not cds.lib, In cds.lib only we can define our libraries in which we do layouts.
for loading somthing at the time of invoking icfb we must write that commands in .cdsinit not in cds.lib

virtuso bindkey

Hi,

At Unix prompt if you type: ls -al
Then you can view this file and this file is stored in the same location as the cds.lib. So if you can try the above command, then you can view the file.

Try it out.

Paramjyothi

virtuoso bind key

Paramjyothi said:
Hi,

Write this program in a Notepad or Unix vi Editor and save it say as Bindkeys.il and then in the CIW command prompt type: load "Bindkeys.il" and say enter. That's enough and try these keys.

Paramjyothi

It works.. thank you very much..
Regarding cdsinit.. i really cannot find in the directory of same with cds.lib. And We are not invoking using icfb command.. we use layoutPlus instead..

how to configure a bindkey in virtuoso

amitabh262002 said:
.cdsinit is always in ur /home location only.

This is not necessarily so. There could be some customization put in by IT or CAD personnel that can redirect where to source the .cdsinit. It can be in $HOME or the current working directory or anywhere actually. This is a useful and sometimes necessary feature when working in groups that need structure and organization for large projects.

bindkey shift

u can add ur own bind key file into ur .cdsinit file sothat it will automatically load ur own bindkeys whe u start ur icfb

lebindkey file

.cdsinit is a hidden file.
enable "show hidden file" in your browser setting.
hock

defining bind keys in .cdsinit

hi here is an easy way. you open your layout and use the options>bindkeys from ciw

choose the layout editor as tool and click on "Display bind keys"

this will open a file with all your existing bind keys. including all your modifications.
save it as bind.il ( or what ever you want to call it )
now on you can load this file with load command from CIW to get all your stuff back.
( you need to open atlease one layout so that the functions are available in the memory, before loading this file )

OR

just find out an existing file and make all the changs you need. then it can be loaded from cdsinit

cheers

setting bindkeys in virtuoso

for bindkeys there is one script file , if u want create u r keys edit that file and save it reflects every time no need to upload every time when u r invoking in to the virtuso. that is script file.

i hope it will help u

virtuoso short key

Guys, .cdsinit file will not create automatically when you invoke icfb/virtuoso.. You need to create this file if u r want to use some custom settings/scripts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back