Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to put Pad in PCB in Allegro PCB Editor 16.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wy6688

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
create mounting hole allegro pcb

Hi, I'm new to using Allegro PCB Editor 16.2.

I want put some through hole Pad for mounting. but I can't find info about how to put Pad on PCB, anyone can give me hint how to do it ? I need create a packages symbal?

Thanks

allegro pad editor

Hej wy6688

It is not possible to add mounting holes directly in Allegro PCB Editor. You will have to add these in the schematic and give them a footprint (symbol). The footprint should simply contain a mchanical through hole Pin.

allegro pcb cant add pad

you can directly put mounting holes into PCB you have to create the package of the mounting hole and save it into the library you are using.
then from place menu you can put the mounting hole by selecting the place by part option( i dont exactly remember the option as it has been a while since i used allegro).
but the process is similar you can try it.
i hope that it will sort out your problem

allegro 16.2 pads

yes..u can directly place the mounting hole without creating it in the schematic by clicking place->manually->placement list->package symbol.......

it is also useful to place the fiducial in the board

thanks

pcb fiducial in allegro

You can even further add it to GND or other nets without Schematic, from logic menu.

So "No problemo Gringo" !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back