Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to program PIC using JAVA language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdiblen

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can i program any pic with java?İs there any compiler or any other soultion to do this?

pic programing in java

fdiblen,

I am afraid not.
I don't think there is ANY way to run java code on a pic, or anyone working on it.
You are probably better off looking at an 8051/8052 with a JVM or something.
The PIC arcatecture doesn't lend itself for running a JVM.

If you have to use a PIC your best bet is C, or objective C if you need OOP.

Maui

java for pic

Java is not fit to program any kind of microcontrollers. The reason is that java does not translate your code into binary rather it makes a bytecode out of your file which is then run by the JVM this makes it very difficult to program ordinary microcontrollers with java (Remember that u load a HEX file into ur microcontroller !)

I suggest you try C. The basic syntax is very similar to that of java and you wont have any problem in learning it if u know java already.

Re: Java and pic

ibrahim03 said:
Java is not fit to program any kind of microcontrollers.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Java is a subject oriented language. It's not suitable for MCU or CPU with low frequently.
And more, MCU or CPU with low frequently don't run fastly with Java Virtual Machine.
:cry:

conkhicon said:
Java is a subject oriented language. It's not suitable for MCU or CPU with low frequently.
And more, MCU or CPU with low frequently don't run fastly with Java Virtual Machine.
:cry:

hi everybody
for a start java is an Object Oriented Language
and Java Does Run on Low FREQUENCY for example
most mobile phones (OLD & NEW) accept Java Programs
for more info search for : J2ME, in google.

Regards

TheSniper (+)

Java and pic

I know an example which uses java to program almost pic mcus. The author was a university student when he wrote the program. The software is called BumbleBee, one can visit his webpages at **broken link removed**

Hi

Pic (like Avr) are not ideal chips to run java machines...

Here you can find a solution for PIC18 : **broken link removed**

They sold 18F452 programmed with their javamachne.
Tou can buy some licences to program yourself your 18f chips (with a special bootloader)

I never tried this solution and don't know if there are real benefits to use such java chips.......If someone can tell us.....

Regards

why would you want to use java on an uC like pic or avr??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back