Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to print LAYOUT from Cadence ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmohsen

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to print my layout by a plotter and the plotter only work on windows
how could i print the layout with extension that is seen by windows with the same colors please i need a solution as soon as possible

Best Regards

Hi,
A lot of devices do allow you to plot into a file (in HPGL format). Save your file as file choosing a standard plotter with same bumber of pens and then in windows send the file into the plotter in RAW format. It always works.

the other way is to ask your system admin to create shared dorectory and a small windows program to do this automatically for you. The program will check out the content of a directory and every time there is a file there, it will dump it to the printer.

BR,
/Farhad

farhada said:
Hi,
A lot of devices do allow you to plot into a file (in HPGL format). Save your file as file choosing a standard plotter with same bumber of pens and then in windows send the file into the plotter in RAW format. It always works.

the other way is to ask your system admin to create shared dorectory and a small windows program to do this automatically for you. The program will check out the content of a directory and every time there is a file there, it will dump it to the printer.

BR,
/Farhad

thanks for your reply but i need more clarification please
My siuation again is that i have .hpgdl2 file and i have no plotter so i need to take the file to a printing office that have plotter and they only work under windows
so do u have any solution.

thanks in advance

you can try to use design->plot->submit
and in the plot option, select save it to a file with a suffix of .ps
then copy it to some media or ftp from the printing office to the workstation to download the file and double-click it (Install Acrobat first), then Acrobat will transfer the file format to .pdf and it is ready to print

Most plottters should also be able to take the ps file directly. Afterall, it is postscript that was originally designed for plotters.

Print the ps file directly and ftp it to a printing house and have it plotted, don't worry about the details. They usually have drivers to do this.

Several plotters can be configured under Cadence as well. What is the type of your plotter? Ask your admin or cadence rep. to provide you with a driver.

You may try print the file by raw mode. E. g.
copy yourfile.hpgdl2 lpt1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back