Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to plot Noise contribution of different noise source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian18

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, there,
I want to use hspice to see the noise contribution of each noise source, I can find this information on the output file, how can i plot these data in awaves or Ccsope, etc.?

TIA.

Hi Julian

If i understand your rec. correctly you can do this by directly opening *.ac0 file in cscope or awaves. which will have independent noise values.

Hope this helps. If not please let me know more about u r rec.

Thanks

Blackuni said:
Hi Julian

If i understand your rec. correctly you can do this by directly opening *.ac0 file in cscope or awaves. which will have independent noise values.

Hope this helps. If not please let me know more about u r rec.

Thanks

Hi Blackuni
I think you know what i mean, in fact i can see the noise contribution from the output of hspice, and i can find these noise variables in Awaves or Cscope, but when i display these variables, they are nothing but a straight line at zero, for example, In Cscope, there is a variable called onoise(Mnmos)(Mnmos is the transistor name), the curve of the variable is a straight line at zero, It seems that the curve does not represent the total noise contribution of the transistor but the total noise contribution of the source/drain resistance of this transistor, which is, from the output, zero.

Thanks

Hi Julian,

I 2 noticed the same behavior, I will let u know if i got something

in mean time does your mos models include the noise parameters like AF,KF, NLEV..

Thanks

Blackuni said:
Hi Julian,

I 2 noticed the same behavior, I will let u know if i got something

in mean time does your mos models include the noise parameters like AF,KF, NLEV..

Thanks

Hi Blackuni
I have KF and NLEV in my modle, but no AF.
In fact we can see the noise contribution by a single noise source in the output file of hspice, that means there ought to be some means to see these results graphically.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back