Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make ISE and Modelsim work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skycanny

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ise generate simprim

I install ise6.2 and modelsim SE 6.0 and verify that they are able to work respectively as well as work well together when behavioral function simulating.
However, there is a problem when ise and modelsim work together to make post
simulation. Modelsim gives a hint as "# ** Error: (vcom-19) Failed to access
library 'simprim' at "simprim"." I have compiled the xilinx simulation library
in ise, but they still can not work properly, why?
Any help would be appreciate!

are u getting the problem when u do post-place and route simulation? If yes, then it means that u havent gone through all the proper steps of license installation (common crack techniques of modelsim 6.x found on the net carry this drawback). Once u have done it, this error will automatically disappear insha Allah.

Go to **broken link removed**
U might have used compxlib command. Now, you will have to map the "simprim" library so that it gets reflected in your modelsim.ini. Use the vmap command giving the exact location of ur simprim library. I hope it can solve ur problem.

hi,
at the modelsim vsim promp type VLIB SIMPRIM
this will create simprim library in the library window.
Then Go to Compile tab... in that also select compile.. then in the library drop down menu select simprim.. then open d:\xilinx\vhdl\src\simprims ... select all and then press compile... after compilation is done again press compile.. do this three times... after that close the modelsim GUI and again run testbench.. This time it will be ok.... Do tell me if any problems are there

Best Regards,

Thank for all your replies

Late I found that I did not sepcify the correct path of Simulator when compling the libraries in ISE. Then I sepcified the proper path and repeated the process and this time it worked well. In the end. the libraries were compiled very well and ISE can work together with Modelsim freely and rigthly.

Best Regards

Do we need to interface the tools to work simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back