Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a FTP server on Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammadhumayun

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AOA,
can anyone guide me regarding making a ftp server when using Windows XP? also mention all the tools required...i have tried a few but they all are working only for the default root.

if you are learning ftps , then i can suggest
'ftpadmin' a server for transfer between Windows machines .

others only googling will help.

srizbf
16thmay2010

Hi ammadhumayun,

I personally can recommend 'Filezilla Server'; ist is easy to configure, and it's open source:
FileZilla - Server Download

hope it helps: Ricy

Hi ammadhumayun

There is a tool Bullet Proof FTP Server. The interface is easy, and its very handy to operate too. You can download the evaluation copy and learn more about it.

Hope it helps!

Download a SER-U

I think you can use Filezilla server instead of FTP sever!, Filezilla server is easy used.

The first thing you’ll need to setup your own FTP server in Windows is to make sure you have Internet Information Services (IIS) installed. Remember, this only comes with Windows XP Professional or Windows Vista Business or higher.

Click on Start, Control Panel and go to Add/Remove Programs. Then click on Add/Remove Windows Components.

Status
Not open for further replies.