Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a color detector circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghasia

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys.
I have started a short project about color detector.Im lighting RGB Led is sequence to strike their light onto the object i want to detect, then LDR will get the reflected light from the object and make the voltage drop on the circuit(voltage devider).the voltage drop will get digitized by the ADC0831 to microproccessor(AT89S51) which process and give out through seri port.
THe problem is i cant get the output from the 8051(microprocessor).
Can some1 give me an advice,or is there any other way to make the color detector circuit?
Thanks in advance.
You can comment on my schematic circuit i've attached.

Re: color detector

Do you really use a photoresistor for sensing the reflected wave ?

Hi!

Well, it's not a sulution, it's just a suggestion, but why don't you use the regular build of color-sensors? I mean three phototransistors (or LDRs) covered with a color-selective optical filter (red, green, blue). The signal given by the three device nearly RGB. Just an A/D, and you have your color.

Sorry, but I'm a newbie, I can't suggest any useful about the uC's prog.

Hi

you can also use this device
h**p://www.taosinc.com/images/product/document/TCS230-E23.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back