Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make a cell in layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardyboy_86

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i am designing a very big layout and now i am wanted to make individual cells on the of the different portions that i have created as they will not annoy me anymore , so that i just pick and drop them where ever i want them to place ,, please let me know a procedure so that i make cells of individual portions of a big layout.

I'd suggest the foll. methods:

Either
⦁ copy the full layout view to a new layout view - preferably with the cell name you want - then remove all the stuff not belonging to the cell
or
⦁ in the full layout view, select all the stuff belonging to the required cell and copy it to a new layout view with this cell name.

Both methods are prone to either keeping or removing too much of the necessary stuff.

Then add the necessary I/O/IO pins for routing the individual cells.

Additionally you could add a guard ring in order to electrically isolate the cell against EMI from/to other cells.

After finishing, run an extraction and LVS for the new cell.

hi
u can make use of Shift+L(To creating new cell) .if your are using cadane tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back