Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a 4017 IC work

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltincho2202

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey everyone! I'm pretty new in this field... so, don't judge me bad if this question is like for begginers XD

I have a problem with my circuit, specificly in the 4017 IC. The circuit don't do anything amazing... its just a circuit that turn on some lights in a specified moment.

I made the circuit myself two or three years ago, and I didn't finish it, and now I want but I don't remember anything!

I want to know how does the clock of the 4017 work. In the circuit says that has 1Hz of input... I'm working it on Livewire, and it does work perfectly there.

I put the link to the picture of my circuit, you have to delete the space between the h and the ttp, cause I'm new and I don't have any post posted yet.

Here is the link

h ttp://obrazki.elektroda.pl/100_1284252353_thumb.png

Thank for all friends, I really need to build this cause it's for my girlfriend and is very important to me :)

thanks!

may be chip is damage pls try another one for checking ,sorry dude pic is so small i could not read can you post pic in high resolution here ,may be we can help you on this cause

may be chip is damage pls try another one for checking ,sorry dude pic is so small i could not read can you post pic in high resolution here ,may be we can help you on this cause

No, the chip is not damaged. I just want to know what is that 1Hz doing there and how should I use it

you have to build one circuit to get 1hz out put .try timer 555 to get this 1hz.there are other methods also but using 555 is easy

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

here is the circuit 1 Hz Pulse Generator for 1 hz output
1 hz is clock frequency without that frequency 4017 will not work , if you want to vary output more quickly you have to increase frequency and for slow rate decrease the input frequency .thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: hafeez

hafeez

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, I worked previously with 555 and I'm using one in the circuit I'm building.

I'll try that and let you know how did it work, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back