Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to learn Altium schematic and PCB layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I can get by in Cadstar ad Eagle but how do i now learn Altium, i dont know where to start.

Is their a golden tutorial which shows how to draw a resistor wired to ground, and then how to take this to pcb, as well as how to put the resistor in the library?

They have their basic training manual for download on their website for free download. It's for version 9, but it's good enough to get started.

thanks,

i wonder if you know how i can download those videos as i dont have internet connection at home?

Some of them are posted in youtube by AltiumOfficial. Take a look at this example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIkx86l5s_M

You can use a youtube downloader program to download it or copy-paste the link into keepvid [dot] com.

Also, some videos on Altium website can be "Saved As..." when you right click on them.
Hope it helps.

Hi! What have been your problem using Eagle? I think it is a lot better. You can check out their site:**broken link removed** It will provide you everything you need for free, from tutorials to softwares.

I found one good reference to start with:

https://altium-designer.blogspot.com

(well, you may be drowning yourself in the ocean of information provided by Altium in their wiki page. it's good to have someone near you to be your mentor as you learn altium.)

have fun!

i like Eagle, but it doesnt have the capability to export files to solidworks, or to import dxf files from solidworks.
Also, Eagle doesnt have the 3D component capacbility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back