Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to jump across VLAN's..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk2mkk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to jump vlans

any one plz give an idea how to jump across different VLAN's

can any one suggest any tool to o so...

thanks in advance
kk

jump vlan

what is the VLAN?

jump accross vlan

You can't send the information from one VLAN (for exemple VLAN1) to another (VLAN2). This is the main function of switch. Packets from VLAN are transfering through their own VLAN.

sharing files across a vlan

yes my dear "alexandr" i know that u cannot multicast across different VLANs in theoretically but i need a practical solution to get into an other VLAN .

i dont think that this is an impossible task but i must have enough theoretical knowledge in CISCO switches and their protocols and also the network protocol analyzer tools.

any one having idea in my present problem plz suggest some useful or related stuff.

thank you in advance
kk

howto perform vlan jumping

Install simulation programm (Bosson for exemple) and try
This sites has many e-book about Cisco:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

jump from a vlan to another vlan

Hi,

If you want your VLAN's to communicate with each other you have to connect your switches through router.

Best Regards,

guys first of i will explain my college network architecture:
- each hostel LAN is connected to central proxy
- they have separate network addressing for each hostels H1, H2 & H3
- my network admin configured the the centralized switch such that each hostel comes under one VLAN
- as result i cannot communicate or share files with other hostels which r in different VLAN.

so now i think u understood my problem.
plz let me know if u have any others confusions in my query.

with regards
kk

OK.....your network architecture is very clear.

Still you need a router to configure the routing among your Vlan's or If your central switch is a multi-layer switch you can enable the routing or otherwise you have to replace it with a multi-layer switch.....you see..the point here is that switch can't communicate different Vlan's because each Vlan has it's own subnet (broadcast domain) and you can't communicate different subnets (broadcast domains) by switch you need a router or multi-layer switch for that...and then you can specify which Vlan's should communicate with each other.

Best Regards,

ok shaker from my understanding i need a router to route the packets in one VLAN to another VLAN and the router must me configured in such a manner, is it correct.

i am a student and i don't have any admin rights to configure the router even i dont know in depth functionality of this kind of routers. is there is any other way to route the my hostel packets to other VLAN.....?

exactly.....

Actually you can't....but I don't know If there is some hacking tools that can do that for you.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back