Not open for further replies.

smalldog

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
who can give me a detail list how to install synopsys primetime on linux8.0

untar both the common.tar as well as the platform specific binary.open setup.sh in a text editor and replace uncompress with gzip -d.then save this and run setup.sh,by typing ./setup.sh at the linux prompt.answer the questions the installer asks,thats all.

regards
amarnath

thanks amarnath,

but I haven't the setup.sh file at all. I only see the install.now file. when I run this file ./install.now, after input some "y", at last it show me on the screen:

You must now continue with the product-specific installation procedures, install the synopsys Keys and start the license server.
For more information, refer to ./README.{PTS} files and the Installation Guide.
What can I do now?

Thanks
Smalldog

tar -xvf common.tar
tar -xvf linux.tar
./install.now
that's okay
setenv
set

yes just run the install.now script.and then set the environment variable for the license.for eg:in .cshrc u would write
setenv lm_license_file /home/synopsys/license.dat

where synopsys is the name of the directory where u have installed primetime.

regards
amarnath

Hi all,

Why I can't continue to install the synopsys software when the install.now ask me to select a platform? Whatever I type, it always tell me that's an invaild platform. Then the install program can not go on.

Best Regards
Analog_starter

first u must install scl and go to synopsys installer and click install.now and select/locate the tarz file .it will automatically install. if u have problem in this step. u must get other installation software. it contain checksum error. so u cant fix it.
download other file and try.

there is no need of installing scl.i think the problem is with the tar files u must be using.download them again and proceed.

regards
amarnath

feel_on_on said:
tar -xvf common.tar
tar -xvf linux.tar
./install.now
that's okay
setenv
set
check this. unpack 2 tar file at smae dir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…