Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to install PrimeTime on linux8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

smalldog

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
who can give me a detail list how to install synopsys primetime on linux8.0

untar both the common.tar as well as the platform specific binary.open setup.sh in a text editor and replace uncompress with gzip -d.then save this and run setup.sh,by typing ./setup.sh at the linux prompt.answer the questions the installer asks,thats all.

regards
amarnath

thanks amarnath,

but I haven't the setup.sh file at all. I only see the install.now file. when I run this file ./install.now, after input some "y", at last it show me on the screen:

You must now continue with the product-specific installation procedures, install the synopsys Keys and start the license server.
For more information, refer to ./README.{PTS} files and the Installation Guide.
What can I do now?

Thanks
Smalldog

tar -xvf common.tar
tar -xvf linux.tar
./install.now
that's okay
setenv
set

yes just run the install.now script.and then set the environment variable for the license.for eg:in .cshrc u would write
setenv lm_license_file /home/synopsys/license.dat

where synopsys is the name of the directory where u have installed primetime.

regards
amarnath

Hi all,

Why I can't continue to install the synopsys software when the install.now ask me to select a platform? Whatever I type, it always tell me that's an invaild platform. Then the install program can not go on.

Best Regards
Analog_starter

first u must install scl and go to synopsys installer and click install.now and select/locate the tarz file .it will automatically install. if u have problem in this step. u must get other installation software. it contain checksum error. so u cant fix it.
download other file and try.

there is no need of installing scl.i think the problem is with the tar files u must be using.download them again and proceed.

regards
amarnath

feel_on_on said:
tar -xvf common.tar
tar -xvf linux.tar
./install.now
that's okay
setenv
set
check this. unpack 2 tar file at smae dir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back