Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to install linux to view online movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many sides provide the guidance of how to install linux step by step like..
maximumpc.com
.smartcomputing.com/
laptoplogic.com
ETC ETC ETC.............
Thanks....

you could get lot help if you look into **broken link removed** and for Linux software you could check site like softhello.com....
guess those work for you...

If your on windows, you could use VMPlayer to create a VirtualLinux PC within windows... Performance seems OK on mine... (I use fedora11)... Once setup I have it now on a dedicated laptop that I just SSH and X11 from...

To view online movies in X, you will probably need the GSTREAMER libraries, "Ugly, Bad and good". I had to add the "Levina" repository (google it) to YUM to get them,
but other linny's might be different... "rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release.rpm" adds it easily...

Once this was done it was just
"yum install gstreamer-plugins gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad"

Once you got the libraries, VLC, Real and other players should be ok for MPeg and Divx movies.

NEAl

If u dont know anything more abt commands,repository
You can go for Linux Mint.... for movies

otherwise
If u want to see movies in redhat ..you need to install VLC player with resolving the dependencies ...
And u have to also install flash rpm so that u can watch online..

To install VLC exe file you can use WINE packeges ...which creates windows environment in Linux..

Instead of VMWare you can use VirtualBox for a virtual PC. Within this you can easily install and test linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.