Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to improve the efficiency of the Class-E DC-DC converter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay it seems that your simulation actually takes a transformer model using real material properties? My simulator cannot do that, so I'm unable to verify your results. But you should be able to measure exactly how much power each component is dissipating. If the transformer is dissipating too much, then you need to redesign it, possibly with a much lower flux swing.

Last edited:

Use your sim to calculate the losses in the major components and identify which are the biggest contributors, mosfets or Tx or o/p diodes, likely to be o/p diodes in a large part at 3MHz, once you identify losses, then you can move to reduce them, i.e. more fets, using fets as o/p rectifiers, better Tx design...

Use your sim to calculate the losses in the major components and identify which are the biggest contributors, mosfets or Tx or o/p diodes, likely to be o/p diodes in a large part at 3MHz, once you identify losses, then you can move to reduce them, i.e. more fets, using fets as o/p rectifiers, better Tx design...

Please, can you provide me the formula's for both of them

For MOSFET Switching losses:

How to calculate the MOSFET Switching Losses, If they are not given the Ton and Toff time in the datasheet? Is they any another formula?

Pswi = Vds x Id x Fsw x ((Ton x Toff)/2)

For Diode Switching losses:

How to calculate the Diode Switching Losses, If they are not given the Qrrd in the datasheet? Is they any another formula?

Pswi = Qrrd x Vrrm x FswiView attachment Diode Datasheet.pdfView attachment MOSFET Datasheet.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.