Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import the lef into Laker tool to get the labels for pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vjayakrishna

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could u please tell me

How to get the lables for the pins in importing the lef into laker tool through linux comand prompt?

I am susceefully importing the lef in laker with out -pinText, so that i am able to get the layout for given lef with out lables

but when ever i am trying to give the -pinText comand i am unable to creat even a library itself.

please help me, what is the exact comand to import the lef. so that i can get lables

Re: lef import

Hello Vjayakrishna

The correct command syntax for the Laker Products "LefIn" command is shown below.

Are you getting any error messages at all in the shell window?
Are there any suspicious messages in the .err and/or .log files?
Can you try just limiting the LEF file to just one cell to see what happens?
Which version of Laker are you using?

Code:
Usage LefIn : % LefIn [option] inputFile
    -h                                  : Print out the usage.
    -t techFile                         : Use ASCII technology file to create a new library.
    -techLib libName                    : Use an existed library's technology file to create a new library.
    -cellList cellList                  : Only convert top cell(s) to library.
    -cellFile cellFile                  : Only convert top cell(s) which in topCellFile to library.
    -cellMapFile cellMapFile            : Specify cell-mapping table.
    -snap                               : Snap vertices to minimum grid resolution.
    -pinText [-H textHeight]            : Create pin name as text, and specify text height for pin name.
    -pinTextLayer layerName purposeName : Create pin name as text, and specify layer for pin name.
    -log logErrFileName                 : Specify the filename for log / error file
                                          (automatically add .log / .err as extension).
    -layerMap layerMapFile              : Specify layer-mapping table.
    -noOverwrite                        : Preserve / append duplicated information.
    -o outputLibName                    : Specify the output Laker library name.
    inputLEFFileName                    : Specify the input LEF file name.

Examples :
    % LefIn -o LIB demo.lef             # Input (demo.lef) LEF file to (LIB) library.
    % LefIn -o LIB -t demo.tf demo.lef  # Input (demo.lef) LEF file with (demo.tf) techFile to (LIB) library.
    % LefIn -o LIB -t demo.tf -pinText -H 0.8 demo.lef  #Create Text for Pins on the Pin Layer
- Laker Support -

Re: lef import

I used this below comand, but i am unable to import the lef

LefIn -o lef4 -log err -cellList CC0P8500LDO65LP CC0P8500LDO65LP.lef -pinText -H 10 -pinTextLayer M3 drawing

later i imported the lef from GUI, from the generated log file I found the below comand

LefIn -64 -o lef21 -PinText -pinTextHeight 10 /tmp/CC0P8500LDO65LP.lef

with this comand once again I exported, I got the result what i want.

what wrong with the first command?

laker version is L3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back