Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to give oscillator bias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_li

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I am newbie for oscillator design.I do not know what is the difference between amplifier and oscillaotr bias,how to design the bias of oscillator to get more effective and low noise oscillator?Anyone can give me a hand?
Thanks,

For lowest phase noise the oscillator shall be biased in equivalent Class-A operation.

John_li

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
John_li said:
Hi friends,
I am newbie for oscillator design.I do not know what is the difference between amplifier and oscillaotr bias,how to design the bias of oscillator to get more effective and low noise oscillator?Anyone can give me a hand?
Thanks,

As the first step you should select a circuitry out of the several oscillator alternatives - and then post it.

John_li

First of all you need to read Oscillator theory.Also about different classes of operation.
Oscillator is nothing but an amplifier without any Input(except DC).
Oscilltor circuits needs to satisfy Barkhausen criteria.
Refer Microwave transistor amplifiers by Gonzalez.
Also see following links

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

John_li

In my view there is no difference from the oscillator bias to the amplifier bias as long as they are nearly behave as bias tee.
You might probably worried because of multiple harmonics etc. Just ensure that your bias tee will cover thees range too.

John_li

Thanks for all of your help,I get it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back