Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the specification of blocks in 8bit SAR ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

batistuta

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design problem....

hello everyone,
i am a beginner at analog circuit design,after reading some basic books and materials, i want to design a 8bit SAR ADC, but i do not know how to decide some block's SPEC in it. what i mean is that when you get a whole SPEC about xxx..bit ADC, how you get the spec about the component of the ADC...
for example,
3.3-V, 8-bit, 375k/s clock CMOS Successive-approximation Analog-to-Digital Converter. use 0.13um 1.2v/3.3v logic model CMOS Process. It is 180K bandwidth. i use a S/H circuit to get the input signal,following a buffer(opamp in unity-gain structure), then translate the signal to one input of comp, the other input signal of comp comes from the 8bit DAC(R-2R), then send the result to SAR logic...so how to get the spec about opamp,comp S/H,DAC...
thanks in advance.
baggio

I am also confused about it? Can any body help u sregarding this??

3.3V mean your block supply all corner cover and 10% variation.
8-bit decide the DAC DNL and INL, and comparator resolution.
all error sum less than 1/2 LSB.
375k/s: in SAR you must know your convert clock frequency.
your convert clock =375*(8+N)
where N is clock cycle for sample and data output etc.
Convert clcok and bit number decide your DAC detting time and S/H bandwith & gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back