Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get evaluation license for ModelSim SE 6.2b?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimi007

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have downloaded and installed ModelSim SE 6.2b for Linux AMD64, because it's the simulator my teachers uses in my University to teach VHDL.

The problem is that I cannot find license.dat file, and when I tried to request a license from www.model.com, the ASP pages sends and error.

I would like to know how can i get an evaluation license to test and use, with limitations, ModelSim.
Does anybody has an evaluation license for this version or previous?

Thanks
Kimi

modelsim for ubuntu

did u try to request for license using this form
**broken link removed**

ubuntu modelsim

Yes I did, but when I click on "Request Evaluation" it goes to a page that says "Thanks ...." and inmediatly it shows another page that says HTTP Error 500 with these details

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Error Type:
(0x80020009)
Exception occurred.
/modelsim/evaluation/process_modelsim_se_unix_lic_req.asp, line 86

* Browser Type:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.8.0.5) Gecko/20060731 Ubuntu/dapper-security Firefox/1.5.0.5

* Page:
GET /modelsim/evaluation/process_modelsim_se_unix_lic_req.asp

Does anybody can send me its evaluation license or something? I need to finish some work for university, eventhough I can modelate with Xilinx WebPack, y cannot simulate my architecture with the simulation entity that the teacher gave.

licence evaluation modelsim se

U can try pasting the licence request string on to your browser's address bar to get the licence mailed to you.
Thats what we do on windows based Modelsim,

U need not do it from the very same Linux machine that u r using, U can copy that string from the text file in the modelsim folder and try pasting it on any other machines browser too,

It wil take u to the website and there u wil have to log in using ur id and password and then model.com wil mail the licence.dat to your mail id.
Once u have the id mailed to u , i guess u know how to use the licence.dat file, i guess.

But dont try copying the licence file from other machines, that wont work , coz that licence is machine specific and is generated while the modelsim is set up and it wil have details unique to u r system so Always try only the licence request string generated on u r machine only..

kimi007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
install modelsim ubuntu

u download modelsim 6a i will send u the licence file thanx let me inform plzz

load modelsim ubuntu

i also met a problem when first install modelsim. And i find its a problem of the adding of environment variable.

modelsim ubuntu syntax

Hi All,

I used modelsim on Windows-based. I pasted a license file to c:\flexlm. The program can normally run.

Hope to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back