Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to generate SDF at pre layout stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

research235

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every one

can any one tell me how can i generate a pre layout SDF file .. i tried by using like

create_clock_period.........
set_clock_latency.......
set_clock_trasition.........
write_timing –format sdf-v2.1 \
–output $design.sdf

i am alos using clock gating in my scripts, some one please let me the know correct method of generating the SDF file

thnks in advance

suresh

Hi ,

To Generate SDF you need RC network which is avaliable after layout .

One can do some estimation of prasitic at floor plan stage . But you need to read spef to generate SDF ?

Thanks & Regards
yln

hello yln2k2

Thanks a lot for ur prompt reply ..

I am sorry if I am wrong but .. i read it as taht we can generate a SDF file just at synthesis level .. though this has no clock tree which is the major contributer of delay .. this can generated by using t he commnads of my prev message .,
please let me know if I am wrong

suresh

Hi Suresh,

Yes , I think you are correct . I heared people get SDF out of synthesis stage .
But that is not suitable for any timing simulations ? ( if you are planning to Gate Level simulations ) .

Thanks & Regards
yln

SDF can be generated at pre-layout stage with the commands that you specified. very basic stuff but do keep clk and reset tree ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back