Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to generate RAM's Physical lib?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xei

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

My design includes some RAMs, for Place&Route stage, I need the physical libs of RAMs to be the Reference Libs.

As far as I know, if I have LEF file and GDSII file of a RAM, I can use these files to build a milkway, then it's all done.

But now, my free-version memory compiler cannot generate GDSII file. The only file I can get is the VCLEF file, along with antenna file.

So my question is, is there a way to build RAM's physical lib(Plib or milkway both are ok) using these files above?

Thanks in advance.

When a company writes a memory compiler the only way they can get their royalties is for you to license the software and the only way to make sure you license the software is to not build the GDSII unless you have a license, that way you cannot tape-out with their IP. You will need to purchase a license.

As far as now how u can use that VCLEF create a milkyway database and generate FRAM view and use it.. U can do place and route..But u can do drc, lvs and of course no tapeout with this free versions.

Thanks
Arun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back