Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate gate level spef using cadence tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

question_answer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I have created a hierarchical layout and hierarchical schematic. On the top level of the layout and schematic, there are just some connection between standard cells. I did Virtuoso LVS and Virtuoso QRC to generate a spef file for static timing analysis. However, when I looked into the spef, it was in transistor level. It seems the extractor did not recognize my layout as several gates, instead, it recognized it as bunch of transistors.
I did try change some setting from LVS. I added ' ?preserveCell ' under avParameter, but nothing changed in the .spef .
Can someone tell me how to generate a gate level spef from a manual place and route layout? Thank you all...

In QRC in there are two options for generating SPEF, one is Transistor SPEF, and the other is Cell-level SPEF. You need "Cell level SPEF".
Standard approach in Assura LVS - is to supply all stdcells/macros in ?dspfcells or ?preserveCell.

The following restrictions should be kept in mind when specifying the DSPF cells:
 * All DSPF cells must have proper power and I/O pins instead of net labels. Even a single missing pin causes the flow to fail. Pin names can be checked from the LVS-runName.erc file in the LVS run directory.
 * Pin swapping is not allowed in the DSPF flow.
 * Each DSPF cell must be unique. Cell variants are not allowed.
 * All DSPF cells are fixed, preserved, and bound. The cannot be expanded to resolve LVS issues.

You must make sure - (check <LVS-runName>.csm) - all cells matched in hierarchy - and *no* cell expansion / flattening / climbing happened.
In the LVS-extracted netlist no device should be present directly at the top.

?dspfCells ( textFile ”mySPFCellsList.txt” )
?preserveCell - will also do the job.

It is also recommended to use ?preserveShapes (to avoid shape climbing) and so on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back