Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to fix LVS error warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixrouter4400

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All! - I have this weird LVS warning in my LVS run.

I have a Schematic and Layout matched but it gives me an error layer warning.

"[2] gate1 connected to GROUND!" -which is true because it's a dummy transistors.

How can I fix it? I have my ground pin as "agnd".

Hope you can show me how to fix it.

Cheers

fixrouter4400 said:
Hi All! - I have this weird LVS warning in my LVS run.

I have a Schematic and Layout matched but it gives me an error layer warning.

"[2] gate1 connected to GROUND!" -which is true because it's a dummy transistors.

How can I fix it? I have my ground pin as "agnd".

Hope you can show me how to fix it.

Cheers

Which tools did you use? Using assura, have no such warning message, but you need add all dummy devices in schematic too. Generally, the warning is not the fatal error, mabye come from erc check.

Hi smilodon - I'm using assura I already have it in my schematic...and I do have an LVS matched in it...it's only this warning that the gate for dummy is connected to GROUND!

Is it something to do with the pin "agnd" compare to "GROUND"

Still fixing it.

;-)

I've not used Assura, but in Hercules and Calibre , such warnings are controllable using certain options.

May be you can look for some similar option to modify your runset and give it a try.

fixrouter4400 said:
Hi smilodon - I'm using assura I already have it in my schematic...and I do have an LVS matched in it...it's only this warning that the gate for dummy is connected to GROUND!

Is it something to do with the pin "agnd" compare to "GROUND"

Still fixing it.

;-)
I can not tell you what cause the warning, but if the schematic and layout match, the warning may come from the low level such as in some block or modules. You may make a new cell in which only the devices mentioned in warning exist, then you will observed more clearly.

BTW, should you like to paste the warning measege here? Thus all guys can understand your problem easily.

I would recommend to open the assura rule file and search where this warning is comming from. I would also look into the design manual to see if it is allowed to connect the gates like that (you never know)
If it is allowed I would just check if it makes sense and ignore the warning

I'm using ICFB v 5.10.41_USR4.54.77 not sure of assura...

tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back